Monday, June 16, 2008

Suday salon part 2- the kite runner

http://andypopular.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/kite-runner.jpg

I mentioned in my previous SS post that I had a chance to read in the middle of the day today at a coffee shop. See this used to happen all the time, but since then I have had two little boys and I need have grandma babysit in order to get the chance to do this....today was my day and I loved sitting in the sun reading The Kite Runner. (my hubby had classes this weekend for his masters program...silly, right on father's day and on our anniversary!!! yuk!no worries we will celebrate tomorrow : )

I read the rest of the 140 pages today...and I loved the book, the deepness of the characters, the desire for integrity that lies deep within the lines of speech. There is so much deep death, and horror as well that I found myself throughout the reading of The Kite Runner, even when the book was closed I thought about The Kite Runner. A good book, a great book...i loved it.

I will write proper review tomorrow. but i said i would check back and didn't want to not.

Have a great week all you sunday saloners!

5 comments:

Trixie said...

Bethany - what's the Sunday Salon about? And for that matter, what's the reading through Thursday thing about too? Looking forward to hearing your more thoughts about Kite Runner (and Short History of Tractors).

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

trixie- Thank you for coming by!!! I left you a comment answering your questions, nice to see you here, can't wait to hear your thoughts on a short history either!

Anonymous said...

Kite Runner was an incredible novel. It took me by surprise. I'm glad you got the opportunity to read it on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. I'm glad you liked this one...will A Thousand Splendid Suns be on your list??

Anonymous said...

i read kite runner quite recently as well, thought i was the only person in the world who hasn't too ;)

my review here