Saturday, June 14, 2008

the latest by b

Oh, I am reading two good....really good books right now.

http://andypopular.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/kite-runner.jpghttp://www.churchtimes.co.uk/uploads/images/reading%20groups_short%20history%20of%20tractors%231%23.jpg

I can't even tell you how good they are. Have any of you read them??

I have been very distant over the last couple of days...I had a chicken die and then come back to life, seriously!!! check it out here.

And her current state of wellness: here.

I have a review to write!!! (probably tomorrow!)
and I WON THE ARTE Y PICO AWARD!!!! (more on that tomorrow too!!!!)

6 comments:

Marg said...

I've read the Kite Runner and the follow up book A Thousand Splendid Suns and really enjoyed them both. I own the other book, but haven't read it yet.

katrina said...

Like Marg I enjoyed the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I have read the Tractor book, but unfortunately it hasn't stayed in my memory and I wasn't blogging my reads back then, but I did give it 3 and a half stars so it must have been an ok read at the time. I've heard good reviews about her next book

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I loved The Kite Runner and loved A Thousand Splendid Suns even more. Enjoy your reading!

Anonymous said...

I read both and enjoyed them both a huge lot! Lewycka has a second novel out, that I would like to read. I can't remember the title at the moment.

I like A Thousand Splendid Suns even better than The Kite Runner and I really recommend that one, too.

Debi said...

I'm going to have to admit ignorance here and say I have no idea what The Arte Y Pico Award is, but CONGRATULATIONS!

And I'm so glad your baby chicken is feeling better...what a sad, scary, and ultimately joyous story!

Anonymous said...

I've read them both. They ARE so good!