Saturday, June 28, 2008

hours 12+13 and two mini-challenges



Title of book(s) read this hour: Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella (it is time for brainless...that is all I have to say!!!)
Number of books read since you started:3 books, one comic, some blogs
Pages read:40
Running total of pages read since you started: 556
Amount of time spent reading: 1 hours
Running total of time spent reading since you started:7.5 hours
Mini-challenge this hour: hours 12 and 13
Other participants visited: I really should list them...I will next update.
Prize you’ve won: none (but hopeful!!!:)
Notes of worth: I was doing so much better before I came home....ahhhh!! Now I am QUEEN DISTRACTABLE herself!! How are you all holding up!?!?! It seems to have gotten quieter.

mini-challenge: hour 13 poem

Labor

How it burns
Dagger gouging, skin pins and needles

A thousand

Blows on the bones
Half-conscious and torn asunder.
Pressure, pressure, pressure.....
She claws at the sheets
Those mercurial clouds.
Bright wet hallucinations and dry

Tongue stuck to palate.
Pressure, pain, perishing.....
An impatient child
Escapes the uterine strait.
My howls drown my eighteenth year.
In one instant
My creation assigns its pain to me.
(BELONGING, Partow Nooriala p. 85)

The 12 hour mini-challenge!!!

1. What are you reading right now?

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella

2. How many books have you read so far?

3 books, and some other stuff

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

well, I am going to have to sleep, because I don't want my hubby to have to take over for me tomorrow as well...so I am going to read some lighter stuff, and see how it goes!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Yes, my husband took care of the boys at home all day, and I went to a coffee shop and read ALONE! It was an incredible treat:) I came home after he put the boys to bed.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

yes, some...I just dealt with them. I didn't really have many. Just such things as cleaning the cat box, getting some sort of nourishment, and putting the chickens away for the night.:)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

It is all as I expected, the only think that I didn't know to expect was how organised Dewey is and her helpers with this, and how many mini-challenges there are!!! It really makes it more fun!!! (THANK YOU GUYS!!!)

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I don't know, but it seems hourly updates is a bit much....I can't do it that way because then I just sit at the computer blogging and commenting instead of reading. I am not sure if it is just me though, since I am HIGHLY distractable!:)

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Nothing, it was great. I may get more snack next time.

9. Are you getting tired yet? nope. but it is still only 10pm here!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

OH, I am thriving on the cheerleading that is going on, it is great fun!!!! (YAY!!!!) So, no I guess no insight, hahaha!

IS ANYONE STILL AWAKE!?!?!?!


3 comments:

Vasilly said...

You are doing great! I love your poem. I can totally relate! LOL! Good luck and happy reading!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Girl--I am ready for brainless as well!! I'm thinking about switching to YA for a little bit.

Marg said...

You are doing so well!