Tuesday, January 13, 2009

me.




I am bookgirl, or b or bethany. I begged my husband to start this blog with me, and he had (probably still has) every intention of doing the reading but he has come to the conclusion that he is selfish and doesn't want to write reviews...it makes him think about the reading as homework. He is also in grad school right now and has a full-time job, so I wouldn't call his neglect of B&b ex libris selfishness at all. So, anyway, that is why the blog is called B&b ex libris because he is Brad (B) and I am bethany (b) I liked the title and took it, so now unless a better one comes up I think I'll keep it the way it is. Oh and ex libris means "our library" or "from the libary of" I like it even if he never posts another review, ever.

So, me. I am 28, born in 1980 and have two boys (3 and 5). We'll have more, but that is what we have for now. I graduated from Oregon State University with a degree in Spanish and a love of Spanish and English literature. I love the sounds of language, I have studied Japanese, Italian, French and German as well...just a little though. I grew up in Spain, and am therefore blessed by being bilingual since way before I can remember.

I love Jesus and try as hard as I can to follow him daily, while fully knowing I can give nothing and must rely on grace. I am a backyard chicken farmer and really like all types of animals (as long as they have feathers or fur) and would like to own a farm someday. I love photography, painting, drawing and have recently really gotten into knitting, quilting and embroidery. I ran all through highschool, we were good....but it was because we trained like insanity. Now all the physical activity that I do is fun, I play with my kids, run around, be silly and that takes more energy than I have! :) I also can't get enough of rock climbing...more bouldering since I am afraid of heights.

Oh if you want to see more about all my crazy fun life....check out my personal blog: the good.the bad.the ugly. It has tons of recipes, photos, art, kids things, chicken stuff...ya know, whatever I feel like talking about really.

Do you have any questions about me?? Ask away!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to get to know more about you. As I suspected, I'm old enough to be your mother. Sigh

Anonymous said...

I know Spanish! I love finding other book bloggers that love the Spanish language lit :)

- Lu

Amy said...

we are both 28 and we both love Jesus. Nice to get to know you a bit more. :)

Anonymous said...

Book for you: Mary Janes Farm. Maybe you know about her, but she's fabulous. Let me know what you think...

Anna said...

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy getting to know fellow book bloggers and knitters better.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I really loved this post, Bethany. Sometimes blogging can feel really impersonal, but it's so fun to get to know each other better. You need to give me some tips on where to get start with rock climbing! I'd love to learn how but don't know where to begin...

Darlene said...

Bethany, what a really great post. It was nice hearing more about you and as I already follow your other blog I knew some of this. I agree with Trish, you visit people's blogs all the time that you start to feel you do know them so it's nice to share like this. It sounds like a really nice life, thanks for sharing some with us.

Ali said...

I liked reading more about you, and the story of your blog title. Love the photos on your other blog. Beautiful!

jessi said...

I like seeing the things we have in common - I'm also 28, and I minored in Spanish (majored in English, and have another minor in Religious Studies). No kids, though. :)

My cookbooks arrived today! I celebrated by making the tomato bread pudding again - it's even better the second time around.

Corinne said...

OOOOOH this was fun!! I've really liked reading your other blog and getting to know you that way. I didn't know your husband was doing the grad-school thing. I feel you there, sister :)

wormauld said...

bethany, although I'm 40 years older than you we have so much in common in our ideas and hobbies etc. I'd like to join your challenge but add another twist. I'll try and read some of the books in their original language. this will be easy for French and german slower for Spanish, Dutch and Italian.I hope you'd like to correspond with an ancient too. I have a blog but haven't written for a while. I'll send you a link when I'm back in swing.Daphne