Tuesday, September 30, 2008

i gotta have me these:

The books are linked to who's blog I saw them on first when I decided I wanted to read them:
My Father's Paradise by Ariel Sabar (review from Trish's Reading Nook)
Strange Times, My Dear: The PEN Anthology of Contemporary Iranian Literature
See You in A Hundred Years: Four Seasons in Forgotten America by Logan Ward
(review from Bermudaonion)
Lulu in Marrakesh by Diane Johnson (S. Krishna's Books)
The Boy Who Wore Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (review from The Sleepy Reader)
The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins (the Book Nest)
Empress Orchid by Anchee Min (from Violet Crush)
The Last Empress by Anchee Min (from Violet Crush)

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I like this idea! And by the way, My Father's Paradise is great--you'll like it, I think.

Darlene said...

I remember seeing this over at Trish's and I agree it's a must have. It sounds great. I like this idea of linking the book where you saw it. Another good idea.

Corinne said...

I like the idea too! I haven't heard of this one :)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

this is my wish list. I just posted a tab up top, and I will keep adding the books that I don't have but that you all mention and I WANT :)

yay!! Then when I at the bookstore I will know more of what I want.