Monday, September 29, 2008

I heart your blog!



I feel so honoured, I received this award from Ramya, Tricia, literate housewife, Amanda, and Avis
Thank you so much!!! I love awards :)

So the low down is: You can nominate or not, post it or not, this gift comes with no strings attached :) just enjoy.It seems this is going around, so I am not going to worry if those who I nominate have it already, here it goes:

Ramya's Bookshelf.
I enjoy the honesty, and the time she puts into each of her reviews. I love that she is interested in people around the world, and that she has been one of the greatest supporters of my orbis terrarum challenge. She recently even updated her blog, it is beautiful in its simplicity and design :) We recently bonded over blog design as well.

Caravana de recuerdos
This is not only a book blog, but there are tons of amazing books reviewed there. It is something of a celebration of sorts. I love that Caravana reviews books in Spanish and English and watches movies and gives reviews and insight. R-LO found me a while back, and I am so happy he did! He makes me feel a little piece of "at home" whenever I read a Spanish tid-bit on his blog. Se habla espaƱol, I heart bilingual :)

The Book Lady's Blog
Since book blogs are all about reviews, this lady writes some of my favourite reviews, and therefore I have to include her. I don't know her as well as I know the rest of the peeps mentioned here, but I am over and over again stunned by her high-quality, reviews and choices for books. I always check to see what new stuff she has going on, and there is always something worth checking!!!!

Just A (Reading) Fool
I know Just a reading fool does not actually accept awards...but I want to put him on my list of praise anyway :) (I do not want you to accept this award...but your blog is too great for me to not include it!!!!) There are so many women book bloggers, and amongst a sea of us there is Just a (Reading) Fool. I love the perspective he brings, the reviews he writes and even his selection of books. We have read several books together for our online book club and he brings loads of insight. I do heart your blog :)

The Literate Housewife Review
I heart her blog, her comments, and her supa- positive outlook :) She recently posted pics of herself at the National Book Festival, her smiles will tell you she is an authentic book lover! I am in her book club, and love seeing the amazing things that she does for this book community. She reads, she blogs and she does it with elegance and supa-style. Thanks Housewife, for being so truly literate!!!

Maw Books Blog
I heart her blog for several reasons, but the most important one is that she doesn't just read, she doesn't just blog. She goes all out and crates a movement, an amazing place where you can learn, donate, and share about the atrocities of Darfur. There are many people who can talk the talk, but Maw books goes beyond, much, much beyond that to walk the walk. We can all read about all the horrors of the world and say : "oh, now, isn't that sad...things really need to change", or we could change them. Yes Maw is changing things. I wish I could have helped out this time, but her event for Darfur caught me by surprise...I dream of putting something on like this, and she did it. I heart Maw Books.



I know...there should be seven but I can't pick a last one!!!! There are many other blogs I would love to nominate....so I will just leave the last spot open. :)








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you sooo much bethany!:) i have loved getting to know you:) ooh..this little post of yours totally made my day!:) thanks a ton!:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Bethany, thank you, and I do accept it. It's not that I don't like the awards, but I'd rather not be "look at me! look at me!" Instead, I'd rather be look at others. So when I do put up this award later today along with a couple of others that have been given me today, I'm going to include those who nominated me prominently, because truly there are so many bloggers out there who deserve awards, including, of course, yours. Thank you, again.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't comment sooner because work is a ... well, let's keep my comments G rate here. Anyway, you absolutely made my day with this post. I was coming down hard from my post Philippa high and then I read this. WOW! :) You very much deserve this award, too. I may be 200+ Google Reader posts in the hole, but I always read your posts when they're up. BTW, I STILL wish I was you about that fancy new header!

Anonymous said...

Awww,thanks for the love! I'm so flattered to have received this 4 times now! Yippee. I really do appreciate your kind words about The Book Lady's Blog.

Richard said...

Hola Bethany,

Thanks a bunch for the kind words and for being such a spirited champion of books and book bloggers. The Orbis Terrarum Challenge has had a lot to do with it, of course, but I've discovered a number of great novels/writers through your blog in the other posts as well. ¡Gracias por todo!

PD: "I heart bilingual"--awesome!