Monday, September 1, 2008

Orbis Terrarum completed travels :)

WOW, this is so cool! Check out this map ya'll :) The green countries are where we have been, the white where we haven't traveled yet. I posted a list below of all the countries with the ones we have been to and the ones we haven't, take a look and consider finding a book from a country that has not yet been read about.











The unchecked selections below are the ones that none of us OT peeps have read authors from yet, take a look and let me know if you would like to fill in some checks for us!!!! Happy travels :)





North America
Canada
Greenland
Mexico
United States
Central America
Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama
South America
Argentina
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
Falkland Islands
French Guiana
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela
United Kingdom
Don't show individual UK terrritories



Europe
Albania
Andorra
Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Faroe Islands
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Vatican City
Asia
Afghanistan
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Brunei
Burma
Cambodia
China
East Timor
Georgia
Hong Kong
India
Indonesia
Japan
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Macau
Malaysia
Maldives
Mongolia
Nepal
North Korea
Pakistan
Philippines
Singapore
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Thailand
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Africa
Algeria
Angola
Benin
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cameroon
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
Comoros
Ivory Coast
Democratic Republic of Congo
Djibouti
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Kenya
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Madagascar
Malawi
Mali
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mayotte
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Niger
Nigeria
Republic of Congo
Reunion
Rwanda
Saint Helena
Sao Tome and Principe
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Somalia
South Africa
Sudan
Swaziland
Tanzania
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda
Western Sahara
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Middle East
Bahrain
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
Australia
Don't show individual Australian terrritories



Oceania
Australia
Cook Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
Fiji
French Polynesia
Marshall Islands
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Palau
Papua New Guinea
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Tuvalu
Vanuatu
Caribbean
Anguilla
Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Bermuda
The Bahamas
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Martinique
Netherlands Antilles
Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Maarten
Trinidad and Tobago
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Turks and Caicos
Virgin Islands
Antarctica
Antarctica


13 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

So cool Bethany! I'll be reading Greece and Switzerland soon--so they can eventually be checked (hopefully). :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh ya--what do you have planned for 2009? My family is curious about my reading challenges and I think this would be a great one for them to join!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

trish- I know, we have all read so much!!! It is really neat to see. I will do this again next year for sure. I will ask for suggestions at the end to see what needs improvement...but yes, it was just too fun for me to not do again!!! :)

beastmomma said...

That is very impressive! Does anyone know of good resources for finding authors from countries that have not been checked?

Peta said...

I'm really impressed with this achievement and wish I'd joined in! I've got a stash of books from Africa that I will hoard for next year in case you run it again.

Ana S. said...

Love the map! And I'm glad to hear you're hosting again next year, Bethany. I'd love to join again.

Ramya said...

hey bethany! this is absolutely cool!:) I am totally enjoying reading for your challenge and don't want to end it!:)I shall try to find books from the unchecked countries and read them.. i am curious to know a few things though.. which country is the most popular among the OT readers??:)

Ramya said...

and i am already in for next year challenge!:))

Ramya said...

bethany, you have an award waiting for you in my blog..stop by to pick it up!!:)

Richard said...

Hola Bethany,

I already have books from the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Uruguay, and Venezuela in my non-challenge TBR pile, so I could switch a read or two to one of those countries if nobody else volunteers. Still catching up in my OT travels after starting late, but I like the map and love the challenge! ¡Saludos!

Anonymous said...

I'll be able to help you check off Romania soon. :)
This is really cool!

Rachel said...

I picked the Faroes Islands for my first Orbis Terrarum pick and have just blogged about Peru with Mario Vargas Llosa's "The Storyteller". Next up, India!

Bee Bee said...

Hi Bethany, I just finished Preeta Samarasan's book - Evening is the whole day. So this covers Malaysia. :)