Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Run

http://cdn.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/5/9780061340635.jpg http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/books/harper-gms/patchett-large.jpg


Title: Run
Author: Ann Patchett
Pages: 304
Yearly Count: 58

Run, Ann Patchett's latest bestseller. The story of a family, and the process they go through when their mother dies, and leaves her mamma shaped hole, that is to be filled and not to be filled. The storyline is much more complex than that though, Doyle's young wife dies after recently adopting two children. Doyle will be the mayor, the kids will grow up, but what impact will the loss of their wife/mother have on them?

I enjoyed this book, it was fun to read. The language was so pretty and fluid and I found it new and refreshing. I haven't read anything else by Ann Patchett before, even though I do own Bel Canto. This book really stirred in me emotions, and feelings and I loved it enough to allow myself the vulnerability. Twists and turns made the story less predictable, and kept my interest really well. Run made me realize I should get on top of things and read Bel Canto for sure.

The characters felt real, deep and worth knowing, their situations intense and intriguing, and there was for sure a strong connection that I felt toward it all. A great read. Go for it!
Thank you Gayle ( from Everyday I Write the Book )for the opportunity to read this!!!

have you read it? give me your link!!

Other blogger views:
Softdrink at Fizzy Beverage
Anna at Diary of an Eccentric
Serena at Savy Verse and Wit
Dar at Peeking Between the Pages
Mary at Bookfan-Mary
Gayle at Everyday I Write the Book Blog
Katherine at A Girl Walks Into a Bookstore
Jessica at Bluestocking Society
Marcia at Printed Page
medieval bookworm

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, since you asked...
http://fizzybeverage.blogspot.com/2008/09/run.html

You know, the one time I remembered to ask for people's links, I forgot to go back and add them to the post. I love the idea, but evidently I'm not so great at the follow-through.

I own Bel Canto, too. I've started it twice and never managed to finish it.

Anonymous said...

I have Run on my TBR-pile. I'm looking forward to picking it up, I have heard so many good things about it!

Darlene said...

I'm just finishing this up today and I really like it. Another of her books that I really enjoyed was The Patron Saint of Liars. I'll have to remember to link both of your reviews-I always forget that.

Ramya said...

another author to add to my list! I am sure I have one of her books sitting on my bookshelf.. don't even know which one anymore..thats how bad i am!:)
i love books like this though.. can make out from your review that you REALLY enjoyed reading it!:)

Anonymous said...

I received the book from Gayle, as well. (Thanks, Gayle!) This was my first Patchett book, and it definitely won't be my last. She pulled me in right away, and the next thing I knew, I was finished reading and completely blown away. I recommend this one as well.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I loved Bel Canto! And to be honest, I'm so afraid of being let down by any of her other books that I haven't picked anything else up yet. I do own The Patron Saints of Liars, though, so I'll get to it eventually.

Debi said...

I've never read any of her books either, and now you're making think I'm really missing out!

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

It really helps to send the link for your own review instead of someone else's. lol. Here it is again:
http://peekingbetweenthepages.blogspot.com/2008/09/run-by-ann-patchett.html

I linked both yours and Jills on mine too.

Anonymous said...

I reviewed the book here:
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com/2008/09/run-by-ann-patchett.html

And I've added your link to my blog.

Serena said...

Here's my link to my review:
http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2008/09/run-by-ann-patchett.html

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting a link to my review. This was my first time participating in EDIWTBs book club. It was a good choice as it forced me to read an author I normally wouldn't have selected for myself. While I didn't enjoy the book nearly as much you did I'm still glad I tried something new. I found the discussion very interesting at EDIWTB, especially in regard to Sullivan. I would love to know more about his history instead of the bits and pieces we got in 'Run.'