Saturday, June 28, 2008

read-a-thon mini challenge!!! (hour one...but we haven't started yet :)

Where are you reading from today? The Pacific Northwest, oh so beautiful here!!! :) I am specifically in Corvallis Oregon, Home of the Oregon State Beavers! It is still early here, I just woke up.

3 facts about me …
1.) I am bilingual because my parents are missionaries in Span and I grew up there, half of me belongs to Spain
2.) I am becoming a locavore, not fully I do have little kids, and not a ton of time to spend...but as much as I can I buy food that is grown locally and I have my own chickens IN TOWN!!(no worries it's legal!) So the only thing that I am bummed about missing today is the wonderful Farmers Market! I will survive.
3.) I am married and have two little boys(2+4). My hubby is SO AMAZING to take them for the whole day...I get to go to the lib, to coffee shops and all ( no reading would be getting done at home!!)

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
To be honest, I haven' gotten this all that figured out yet!! I need to get to it, but I figured I would complete the meme and feed my chickens, and get dressed first :)
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Well, I don't not yet...I am just going to read-away and see what I can do!

I do have a goal of updating every two hours or so, and commenting/cheering other readers on as well...this is going to be great fun!!

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Ha, this is my first time!! I guess I have no idea what I am in for!:) I am doing the version I designed for mothers of small children (hahah!)....I will read, but I will also sleep, and eat and breathe....I am going to let this be fun:) My advice, have a good time!!!!!

Thanks Darcy for this delightful challenge meme....it is fun to get to know everyone!!

7 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I officially joined!! I'm going to have to do a different version as well because I have a prior engagement this afternoon. But I just got back from my morning run and I am pumped up!!

Andi said...

This is my first attempt at the Read-a-Thon as well. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

We try to eat local as much as we can, too; we haven't gotten very serious about it yet, but my husband's been going to the local farmers' market quite often this summer!

Happy read-a-thon!

Debi said...

Hooray for awesome husbands!

Good luck, Bethany! And Have Fun!

Ana S. said...

Good lucky, Bethany!

Anonymous said...

Good luck & happy reading!

Eva said...

That's cool that you're bilingual! And I second Debi: yay for good husbands! :)