Tuesday, June 24, 2008

INSANENESS: to join 24 hour read-a-thon

Insaneness, madness..seriously!? Well, not really....but a little...reading for 24 hours is crazy fun, and today I finally made the committing step to join, you know adding my link to mister linky over at Dewey's. I have been thinking about it and thinking and I really wanted to, but I just didn't know if I could handle that much reading, and no sleep with two little boys to take care of. Oh, don't worry, my hubby (B) will be home and volunteered to take care of them during the 24 hours of the read-a-thon but he kindly requested that I sleep so that the day after we could all go do something together and I would not be a sleepless-person. So, that is the plan, I hadn't even considered sleeping for part of the read-a-thon but I decided this is the version for moms with tiny children...we can have fun, but everything in moderation, right?

I can't wait to see how long I can read for and how much I can read in the time that I give to reading...but it will be fun!!! I am going to join some of the mini challenges too, since that would keep me interested. I need to go back and look to find them...who else of my readership is doing this craziness!? It will be neat to update and comment each other to help us through~!

What is on your list for the read-a-thon?? I am heading over to the LIB. to get some stuff...I know that I SHOULD be reading ARC's....but let's not think about that. What books are you going to pick up for this challenge? Eva at A Striped Armchair posted these suggestions, they look good! Do you have any books that you remember for not being able to put down~?

The 24-hour-read-a-thon is hosted by Dewey, sweetness...so if you can, you should grab an armload of books and do this too!!!! How much better could it get? If you have joined let me know...we can stick together on this! :)



8 comments:

Dewey said...

Definitely, sleeping is definitely the moms with young kids version! I'm glad you're joining us. I'm getting really excited!

Ana S. said...

I won't be able to participate as a reader this time, but I'll be a cheerleader and it will be a pleasure to cheer you on!

As for unputdownable books, I posted a list of suggestionshere.

I hope you have tons of fun with the Read-a-thon :)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

dewey- haha, I am glad I am not the only one. I can't wait to read a ton this sat!!! Thanks for hosting this craziness! :)

nymeth- I know, I read that..but I am so happy you will cheer!!! You will be the perfect cheerer :) Thanks for doing that!

I checked out your suggestions I will need to write them down and see what my lib has. They look really good!

I will!! YOu too!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I think a 24 hour read-a-thon is fantastic. I am passing on this one. Our life is a bit too crazy on Saturdays right now.

Ramya said...

oh wow! that sounds like a lot of fun!! good luck with the read-a-thon!! life's being insanely busy at the moment and i havent been able to read at all! it kinda sucks!

Debi said...

Oh Bethany, I'm so excited that you're joining in the fun! And FUN it most definitely is!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I really want to do this, but my husband put it perfectly when I asked him if he would think it strange if I participated in such an event: "Trish, you couldn't last 2 hours" and unfortunately he is right. On the weekends I usually read for a little bit and then do something else for a while--my attention span isn't very long!! But, I'm going to semi-participate!!

Care said...

HI! I'm cheering everyone on for the 'Thon! go read something. :)