Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-thon: T plus 8



Title of books completed: American Born Chinese
Title of book still working on: Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, Peter Pan
Pages read since last update:
*Peter Pan p. 153
*Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress p. 15
Total: 168
Running total of pages read since you started:
*American Born Chinese p. 233
*Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress p. 56
*Peter Pan p. 193
Total: 482

Money Raised for charity: $ 48.20
Who I am *trying* to keep track of:
Ti from Book Chatter and other Stuff
Vasilly at 1330v
Trish from Trish's Reading Nook
Claire from Kiss a Cloud
Chris from Stuff as Dreams Are Made On
Joanne from The Book Zombie
Jennifer from The Literate Housewife
Megan from Medieval Bookworm
Violet Crush
I heart Monster

I am now at the library and it is nice and quiet in the quiet rooms. I have no idea if the math above is right, I am getting confused between where I was last time and how many pages I read since last time. I know my total pages...but the rest is a little hazy :).

This is so fun!! I am really into Peter Pan. I am munching on Pirate's booty (veggie variety) and sipping water. I have done a good job not eating my candy yet- I am warding off a sore throat :( I know I will bust it out soon though! It is 1 pm here now and soon I will need lunch.

23 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

LOVE the pictures--especially the coloring. GO BETHANY GO GO GO BETHANY!

Meghan said...

I had my fiance make me an Excel spreadsheet that calculated totals for me because I know I couldn't do it myself! It would take way too much time.

I also love your pictures! They liven up the Google Reader. =)

You're doing really well!

- Meghan @ Medieval Bookworm

claire said...

Now those are beautiful beautiful pictures! And I love that you brought a blanket to the library. You look so cozy. :D

Anonymous said...

ohhh...lovely pictures, they give me strength to go on. Great job, Bethany!!!

DianeG said...

Woohoo! Love the photos and your book selections. Keep that sore throat at bay!

bermudaonion said...

You must have a great library to allow you to eat and cuddle up like that. Keep it up!

Darlene said...

Nice pics Bethany. I like the black and white. I'd love to have your library, there is no quiet at mine. You've got good will power, I've already ventured into the smarties box. lol.

Laura said...

I'm glad you are having a good time! You are much better than me with the candy--I've already eaten most of my snacks, and we aren't even halfway done!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Oh those pictures are gorgeous! And you're doing awesome with your reading. Can't wait to see what you thought of American Born Chinese, I just loved it.

Love that you mentioned the success with not eating your candy yet - I feel like mine's calling to me already :)

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

You are doing a great job! Keep it up! Love the pics.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you are doing great so far - I love that you brought your blanket to the library. I wish mine had quiet rooms. Keep up the good work!!

Kailana said...

Lots of money raised for your charity and you are reading really good books! Keep having fun and happy reading!

Wendi said...

Peter Pan is one of my all time favorite books. What a great choice for the read-a-thon.

chrisa511 said...

I love those pictures Bethany! The library sounds like a really good idea...I may try that..oh damn, just realized that mine closes at 6 on Saturday...never mind! BTW, I totally stole your coffee drinking picture idea :)

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

You look pretty darn comfortable! I'm glad the books you chose are so good, I'm sure that makes the reading time fly.

Good luck!
Kim

Unknown said...

Oh you're rockin' it! Way to go!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Great pictures!

Keep Reading, Keep Having Fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with this whole endeavor and how well you are doing. And with the fact that you took a blanket and food to the library. And that you have stayed away from candy -- I've been munching on some myself this afternoon and all I'm doing is reorganizing my finances.

Just noticed your twitter button -- am now following you there -- bethann88. :)

Keep rocking the reading!

Care said...

and a BEST-of-READING to you! cheers, Care

Melissa O. said...

You're doing great! Love the pics of you reading :-)

Happy Reading!!

ANovelMenagerie said...

Cool blankie!

Tea said...

I love the pictures of you reading too. The black and white is wonderful.