Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-thon: American Born Chinese

http://vialogue.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/american-born-chinese-jacket-cover.jpg

Title of book(s) read since last update: American Born Chinese
Number of books read since you started: 1
Pages read since last update: 233
Running total of pages read since you started:233
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1.5 hours
Running total of time spent reading since you started:1.5hours
Money Raised for charity: $23.00
Who I am *trying* to keep track of:
Ti from Book Chatter and other Stuff
Vasilly at 1330v
Trish from Trish's Reading Nook
Claire from Kiss a Cloud
Chris from Stuff as Dreams Are Made On
Deborah from Books, Movies and Chinese Food
Joanne from The Book Zombie

This was a great first choice for the read-a-thon! I am off to read some more :)
I think I am going to pick up Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress next. Happy reading all!



18 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You rock girl! 233 pages already. Woohoo.

Did you see my vlog? :) You inspire me!

Laura said...

You've already read 233 pages??!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're doing great! 233 pages in 1.5 hours. Wow.

Lissa said...

i am so impressed you read a book! I am interested to hear what you think of Balzac, that is on my TBR list... =D

Unknown said...

Great job, Bethany! I have your second pick, too. I hope you enjoy it.

Jennifer @ The Literate Housewife Review

Meghan said...

You're doing great so far!! I'm impressed.

- Meghan @ Medieval Bookworm

Ti said...

Hey there!! You are off to a grand start. Keep it up!!

chrisa511 said...

What a great pick to start the readathon!! I loved American Born Chinese...such a fantastic book :D I'll be following you too Bethany!!

Kim L said...

I've heard that American Born Chinese is a great read! It sounds like you blew through that one pretty quickly! Best of luck raising money :-)

Anonymous said...

One book already?? that's awesome! and i hope you liked this one!I plan to read it sometime.. good luck with Balzac!

Melissa O. said...

Wow, you are off to a GREAT start!! Good luck and happy reading. I'll be cheering all you readers on :-)

Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf

Gavin said...

Happy reading, Bethany!

Alyce said...

I hope you have a great day of reading Bethany! I'm off to the band festival now. I can't wait to see how much everyone has read when I check back later today. :)

bermudaonion said...

That was a fun book, wasn't it. I hope your day continues to go well.

Eva said...

Congrats on your first finish! I really enjoyed Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress. :)

Anonymous said...

goooo bethany! two hundred and thirty three pages is a lot for such a short amount of time! totally proud of you. happy reading with whichever book you've picked up since! :)

claire said...

Go, Bethany! More happy reading hours to you! I've only just checked in and amazed by all the energy. Cheering you on!

Ali said...

Saw your tweet about this and had to pop in and tell you that this book was staring at me from the shelf when we were talking in Powells and I kept meaning to recommend it as a good read. (Was it in your Vlog? I forgot). Glad you liked it!