Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-thon: T plus 18

If you missed my vlog with Francisca the chicken, ya gotta see it!!

Titles of books completed:
American Born Chinese
Peter Pan
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress


Titles of books still working on:
The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Anne's House of Dreams

Pages read since last update:
* Anne's House of Dreams p.20
* The Inventions of Hugo Cabret p. 262
Total: 282
Running total of pages read since you started:
*American Born Chinese p. 233 (complete)
*Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress p. 192 (complete)
*Peter Pan p. 276 (complete)
*Anne's House of Dreams p.77
*The Inventions of Hugo Cabret p. 368
Total: 1223

Money Raised for charity: $ 122.30
Who I am *trying* to keep track of:
Ti from Book Chatter and other Stuff
Vasilly at 1330v
Trish from Trish's Reading Nook
Claire from Kiss a Cloud
Chris from Stuff as Dreams Are Made On
Joanne from The Book Zombie
Jennifer from The Literate Housewife
Megan from Medieval Bookworm
Laura from Reading Reflections
Violet from Violet Crush
Parole (Words)
I heart Monster

I am engulfed in The Invention of Hugo Cabret, it is amazing, the charcoal drawings are so good!! You all are so sweet, I am so happy you liked my vlog. Francisca the chicken says she will sign autographs if you slip her some mula :)

After I finish this book I don't know what to start next. Maybe The Book Shop? I don't know yet.

What are you reading? Are you planning on going all night?


15 comments:

Care said...

somebody else reviewed the Hugo Cabret book! I'm glad to hear you are liking it, too. CHEERS!

Laura said...

It's great you are in the middle of a really good book! I'm also glad to see people are still awake!

Anonymous said...

Oh...it's morning here :)

Your book looks awesome. Good you see you still reading, keep it up :)

Ti said...

Heading into the 20th hour I am starting to feel it, but not really that bad off yet. Sort of frustrated with my reading choices though. Will have to think about them more next time I do this.

I like what I am reading but I spent a lot of time on sort of slow-ish books.

Maree said...

Hope you're still going really well. Love the chicken. :)

Unknown said...

Man my reading is coming along SO slowly it's not even funny. I feel like I'm in first grade again, I mean I've read 90 pages in the last 5 hours. Pathetic!!! It doesn't help that I keep having to keep myself from sleeping.

But look at you! You're rockin' it!! Good job!!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Yes, Hugo was a big hit with the kids at my school. The pictures went so perfectly with the text.

Anonymous said...

Balzac... great title. sound like a great read. Keep it up! Love the locs.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

You are doing a great job Bethany! Congrats.

I'm hanging on by a thread.

Peta said...

Wow - you're doing a great job with your reading and glad to see you have smashed the 1000 page target!

Eva said...

That's great you've raised so much for charity! I'm definitely going to try to see it through for the end. :D

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I think I'm gonna have to go watch that video again. Glad you're liking Hugo Cabret--I'd love to read that one.

katrina said...

Glad to here Hugo Cabret is good. I can't watch your vlog as my computers speakers stopped working randomly this morning - hopefully thet'll fix themselves when I turn it of later then I can watch the chicken.
Good luck with the last 4 hours

Blodeuedd said...

Going strong I see :D
Keep up the good work, almost at the finish line now

Kailana said...

That's awesome the money you have raised for charity. Keep up the great work!