Sunday, April 5, 2009

poem 5. favourites

sunday lazies seeping in
hiking through the woods
writing poetry by fingertip
long walks while breathing sunshine

sleeping cats soaking in fire
books that own you
a cup of hot tea, sweet hot tea
snow flakes falling silently

the kind of rain that greens the grass
smell of dirt's rebirth each spring
sun peeking from between the clouds
giggles, the laughter of a child

being on a journey somewhere
loving those who need it
pretty colours together
dancing on air

these are a few of my favourite things






napowrimo #5 (English 3, Spanish 2)
favourites: in all honesty I am completely brain dead today, completely. It almost makes me cringe to post this, but I promised 1 poem a day, and even if that day is rotten, the poetry must go on! I hope that tomorrow I feel less tired and more poetic (for the sake of us all!!:).

PS. What is this all about? National Poetry Writing Month. I will be participating. I have neglected writing poetry for years now and I want to try to do the NaPoWriMo- a poem a day every day for 30 days. If I miss I won't squirm though, I'll just write two the next day. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know if you are doing this too and we can spur each other on in love and encouragement. Oh, these are all completely rough drafts...but I have nothing to hide, why hide?

Check out some beautiful poetry by other NaPoWriMo peeps:
this year's blog
Everything Flowers From Within
POGA Poetry
Mission Improvisational
Silence is Poetic

4 comments:

Wayne Pitchko said...

ok to be "brain dead"...especially on Sundays. Actually when Im brain dead..left brain anyways...i paint better and write better.....I think...ummm not think

Wayne Pitchko said...

oops...i did enjoy your poem.. keep writing

DianeG said...

Awww, thanks for linking to my poems!
:-)

Serena said...

I really loved these lines:

"sun peeking from between the clouds
giggles, the laughter of a child"

Thanks for participating and posting. I'll be posting my Day 5 f PAD Challenge soon.