Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pulitzer Project!


I now have an ongoing project...it is The Pulitzer Project!

Pulitzer's that I have read already:
2006 - March (Brooks) (finished OCT 2007)
2000 - Interpreter of Maladies (Lahiri) (finished Sept. 2004)
1961 - To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee) (Finished Dec, 1996)
1939 - The Yearling (Rawlings) (?)

Pulitzer's that I own and will be on my reading list:
2005 - Gilead (Robinson)
2001 - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (Chabon)
1999 - The Hours (Cunningham)
1988 - Beloved (Morrison)
1975 - The Killer Angels (Shaara)

3 comments:

Jeane said...

O dear. I just added your blog to my Google Reader, but I can't read it there because the text color is so light it blends into the white background on Reader. More direct visits, perhaps.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

oh! thanks for letting me know. I'll try and play around with that!

Glad to hear you are interested in my blog! I like your title: Dog ear diary!!!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

It looks like the coloring has been fixed because I was having the same troubles with my google reader--but with only some of the posts. Anyway. I hated Gilead, but so many people seem to really like it (same thing with The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields). I really enjoyed The Hours--would suggest Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolfe as a prior read (or after?).