Thursday, March 6, 2008

booking through thursday: favourite male character?

Q:You should have seen this one coming … Who is your favorite Male lead character? And why?

A:Oh, um wow. I am having just as much trouble with this one as with the last one....or maybe I'm not. I need to think it over for a second.

Several male characters come to mind, I honestly don't have just one...

- Hazel (the leader rabbit) in Watership Down by Richard Adams. He is the perfect leader for the group and learns and grows, while admitting when he is wrong. He takes suggestions from others, but makes decisions even when not the popular choice when he finds it necessary. He is my furry hero!


-Leo Gursky in The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I have never read an elderly male character such as this one, and been so able to relate to his voice. I won't ruin the book for anyone who has not read it, so I'll just say that in many opportunities throughout his life where he could turn bitter and un-trusting he continues on loving the whole way thought. He is my human hero!



PS If you haven't read either of these books you are completely missing out!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite books, as it happens!

trish said...

Okay, okay! Twist my arm why dontcha? I'll read A History of Love, I *promise*. :D

Anonymous said...

Read Watership Down in the '70s, and loved it, of course (have you read The Plague Dogs, also by Richard Adamas?).
Thanks for recommending A History of Love. I'll look out for it.

Bellezza said...

Watership Down is so great! I'll never forget Bigwig...I have The History of Love, but I haven't read it yet. I can see I need to!

Alix said...

I haven't read either of them but I'll be putting them on my TBR list they sound great.
If you haven't read Austen yet start with Pride and Prejudice it's the best.
Thanks for dropping by

Julia said...

I never read these books, but I'm sure it a good book. I give it a try if I can remember to add it to my TBR pile.

Happy BTTs have a good Thursday!