Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans, thank you.

The image “http://parenting.leehansen.com/downloads/clipart/Patriotic/images/remembrance-poppy-badge.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy













my little brother Ross, serving with his buddies in Iraq
Today we remember those who have served, and those who died doing so. Please remember to thank the veterans in your life today, this is a day where we can tell them how much they mean, what we appreciate about them and in that, showing them that we do not take for granted their service to our nation.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2697741833_6b5804f0a8_o.jpg
Iraqi Kids Playing with US Soldiers
We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~Cynthia Ozick


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2494973212_634e103a63.jpg
WWII soldiers
When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? ~George Canning

Iraq Memorial "A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." by VetFriends.com.
Iraq Memorial


Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die. ~G.K. Chesterton


http://www.gazizza.net/BlogImages/2007/iwojima1-thumb.jpg
Iwojima

My family who has served in the Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard:
Thank you Ross.
Thank you Dad.
Thank you Grandpa Durand.
Thank you Grandpa Jackson.
Thank you Uncle Jack.
Thank you Grandpa Marble.
Thank you Grandpa Cox.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Thanks for the reminder.

Darlene said...

Amen. Great post Bethany.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

It's good to remember--not just today but every day. Thanks for the post, Bethany. And thanks for including the poppy picture. Today will always be poppy day/Rememberance day for me, but few down here in the states has heard of the poppies in relation to today.

Darlene said...

Poppies are huge in Canada Trish. Everyone is selling them right now and yes I call it Remembrance Day-that must just be Canadian then?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know about htis kind of significance of this flower.

I remember them too, your brother and family is the first ones I know now...if I may say personally.

And at this time I also remember the men who are out there protecting me too. In them I have friends, who are really close to my heart.

I wish them well, and will always be indebted to them