Monday, November 10, 2008

First Daughter

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n52/n264763.jpg http://media.us.macmillan.com/authors/258H/408191.jpg
Title: First Daughter
Author: Eric Van Lustbader
Pages: 400
Yearly Count b: 78

This is my second thriller of the year, and I can say that really enjoyed it. I didn't expect the darkness of the villan to be actually scary, and when I closed the book last night (yes it was 1am) and turned out the light, I could almost feel someone breathing on my neck...I knew that was the mark of a good thriller.

This book is the story of an investigation of one girl's death, and the attempt to find the captor before her best friend, who is the first daughter also reaches her fate in the arms of a crazy-head. People's lives are at stake, the nation is at stake. The first daughter isn't perfect, no one should expect that from her. It is left up to Jack, an fault-filled man who has many regrets, among them not being close to his daughter Emma, and the second, not protecting her while he still could have.

First Daughter is an extremely well written, well thought out, captivating read by Eric Van Lustbader. He is the author of what seems to be a million great thrillers, including the super-cool, insanely fun to watch Bourne series!! He was given the okay by those in charge of the legacy of the Bourne creator Robert Ludlum, and has helped with the direction of the Bourne films and has has written the following from the Bourne series :
  1. The Bourne Legacy - (2004)
  2. The Bourne Betrayal - (2007)
  3. The Bourne Sanction - (2008)
  4. The Bourne Deception - (2009)
Okay, so my review of this is that I don't even like thrillers and this one was so full, so rich and so well written that even a critic like me would love it. The plot was great, interesting and carried through well by Lustbader. The characters were human, Lustbader created an exciting group of real life-like characters. Human in their failures, their faults, their problems and their love. They were strong and made me love the read.



Like I said, Lustbader did and excellent job with this....what a great read!

I really enjoyed this, it was a blast!


Here is author Lustbader with the Bourne series movie star, Matt Damon:
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/morebourne.jpg


Video Trailer for First Daughter:



[<span class=

and remember to:

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I enjoyed this one too. I definitely want to read more by this author.

Anonymous said...

OK I checked his book out :) And I think I can get his titles for me too :)

and I m into suspense and thriller challenge :) I really really enjoy this genre!

gautami tripathy said...

I didn't know someone has taken over the Bourne Legacy!

I gonna check him out!

Darlene said...

This is one is on my nightstand and hopefully coming up in December. Good to know you liked it, makes me more anxious to get to it.