Friday, May 23, 2008

two memes: info galore

I've been tagged over at bookworm by julie. You can read her version here.

6 things about me:

1.) I am insanely sporadic. For a while I will read everyday, all the time...'till I hit burn-out. Soon after that craze I will want to knit like craziness, then on to rockclimbing, guitar playing, chicken owning, gardening, blogging and then the cycle will repeat. and repeat.

2.) I grew up in Spain, I loved it...I'd do it all over again. Sometime.

3.) I have dreads, but besides that I try to fit in as much as possible by being as friendly as I can so that people are not scared of me. Especially little old ladies, I go out of my way to help them in any way possible...therefore trying to shatter their stagnant opinions of diversity and differences.

4.) I love animals. I have owned so many different things that I cannot even name them, but I will try: tons of different kinds of fish (but all freshwater), a canary, four lovebirds (oh, I want some again!!), 5 cats, one dog, teems of hamsters (they had babies!), turtle, and my newest acquisition CHICKENS!! I have pics and stuff here.

5.) I try to purchase as much organic as possible, as in I will choose it even if it is much more. I love Saturday markets, and fresh fruit stands. Eventually I would love to live in the country, free and off the grid...but probably we won't go that far...but I really love this house(low impact woodland home) to do that in. Or a yurt!

6.) At our house, we are vegetarians. I don't cook meat, but I never refuse it at someone else's house, that is my role as a greatful guest....and the reason I did not become a veggie much sooner. I hate people feeling the need to cater to us. My sons don't even know we are vegetarians, and yes they can order meat at restaurants.

If you have questions about these answers...let me know. I'd love to tell you about it.

123 meme:

(sorry, I am cheating...hope it is okay. I had done this before, so I am re-using my answer)

  • Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
  • Turn to page 123.
  • What is the first sentence on the page?
  • The last sentence on the page?
  • Now . . . connect them together….
    (And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)
A: The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
first: I went to the kitchen and washed my glass.

last: "He's got nothing to do with me. He can become a diet member or an astronaut, for all I care."

So for all of you BTT readers out there....I am going to connect the sentences together by writing my own story, yes , this is not part of the book (only the bold is on the actual p 123 of the book) Check it out!



I went to the Kitchen and washed my glass. While doing this chore I could hear her in the
background. I am amazed by her unceasing. I raised my eyebrows to myself, and smiled a sad, sad smile. It isn't that she only did it at times, it was a continuous flow of jabber that I soon would not be able to bear even with my newly installed flesh-tone earplugs. Life has changed, it was not this way when we were married, we used to lust after one another with our eyes fixed, we used to take turns, we used to care. I remember thinking, "how did I know to choose so well? How did she?" Now she is unceasing and I am constantly waiting, just only for one thing: that she would cease. That she would give up and let me say only one word. I know, that may not last me forever, but it would buy me some good time.

I don't think she even believes that I am still here, I am uncertain as to where I would go, but I am sure she has come up with many exciting ideas, ideas much better than our current reality. Maybe she doesn't even think of me anymore. Life should be better. I will just say what I want to, so that she cannot forget that I am here, I will be here, I have chosen to belong to her and her to me until death do us part, right? Well the death has not yet taken place, so I must exist here with her. This is what I am thinking when I burst into my wives unceasing conversation with herself only to say:
"He's got nothing to do with me. He can become a diet member or an astronaut, for all I care." And then I wonder why that is what I waited so long to say.


OH, so now I need to tag people!!!
I tag, Madeleine, Mrs. B, Corinne, Ramya!!!! And if you want to YOU are tagged too!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to own different animals. We only have cats and fish :)

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I never thought of it that way before, but I am also insanely sporadic. :)

Iliana said...

You lived in Spain - I'm jealous! :)
My first trip to Europe was to Spain - I travelled through Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Cordoba and Granada. I loved it all. I really want to go back one day.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

kbookreviews- oh, if you only knew the fun and love that radiates from them!!! ahahhahaha...mostly I just love watching them. It is so fun.

julie- THANKS!! Yes, insanely. But it keeps things different...not boring.

iliana- I love Spain, my parents are still there. Out of the places you have been Sevilla, Cordoba and Granada are my faves...I love the south, and the southern people are so funny and helpful! Me too..I want to go back too.

Corinne said...

I loved learning some more about you!! I love your vegetarian spirit - I'm not one myself, but I love several vegetarians (my husband can't decide if he's one or not...) :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I did the six things meme a few weeks ago. I've always been interested in who people judge on appearance. When I was a freshman in college I chopped my long blonde hair off to short little spikes (so short I couldn't even lay it down flat). It was mostly out of rebellion for the strict religious school my parents were sending me to, but I would get the strangest looks from people.

Great things--glad to know a little more about you. ;)