Sunday, May 18, 2008

sunday salon, hammock weather!

Happy SUNDAY!!!


Yeah, this was a good one, it is horridly hot here (but I am a heat weenie) so I got to sit around and do nothing. Yesterday I finished The Writing Circle by Rozena Maart, and along with working on The Orchid Thief,and Portrait of a Lady for my book clubs...I am now reading Two Brothers as well.

When it is hot like this I have a wonderful spot to read, while my little boys play outside. A Mexican Hammock! It is large enough for out entire family to lay in, but I prefer if it is just me (it gets so wiggly when it is more than that!!ha!) I lounge and read, how much better could life be..well I guess a nice cold glass of iced tea to go with that.

So I just started Two Brothers:One North, One South and I am starting to get into it, I am only on page 19 or so. I LOVED The Writing Circle though, it was an EXCELLENT book about women in South Africa and the issues that they are faced with, in the book are hard to read, but give you a glimpse into a different life. I will write a review tonight I hope. (if I can get my butt out of the hammock!)
The image “http://www.staghornpress.com/fiction/historical/07twobrothers/book.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot weather's been slow to arrive here, and until I read your post I was glad about it because I'm a heat weenie too. But the hammock sounds so lovely... sigh...

Heather said...

We were going to go put up our (Salvadoran) hammock at my parents' house this afternoon, but we were just too hot and tired to do it. But that hammock is one of my favorite places in the world to read and to just be! (This is Heather from the Nook, BTW)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

julie- oh, you don't want it as hot as we've had it. It is may and way too hot here!! But warm would be nice!

(and hammocks are wonderful!)

heaher-
Hey! Thanks for visiting me! oh, that is a great thing...and YES TOO HOT! But today was so much better than yesterday!

LisaMM said...

Oh, a hammock would be so nice. If only we had a couple big sturdy trees to hang one in.

It's very hot here, too (Southern California)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

lisamm- mine is attached to our porch support beams, it is so great...right in the shade.

Megan said...

Summer suddenly arrived here two days ago. It hasn't been too hot in the house thank goodness. When I read outside, I sit in a stickchair that my neighbor crafted. I absolutely love it, but I lift my head every single time a car goes by, so sitting there is not the most productive. Really like the cover of Two Brothers. Not exactly sure why.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

A hammock sounds so wonderful. With our humidity, I don't think I could last 5 minutes out there! Hubby told me his car read over 100 degrees yesterday--not sure if I believe him ;) but it was one hot enchilada!

Lizzy Siddal said...

Hot? What's that? I'm back to wearing the winter coat this weekend ....

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

megan- yeah. we are the distractables! the chair sounds great though!

trish- ahhhhhh! thank God I live in oregon...things are a little cooler, and no humidity like the east. I love it here...it could rain constantly and I would still like it...well maybe not constantly.

lizzy siddal- I know it got cold again!!!