Monday, May 5, 2008

Novella Challenge! (COMPLETE)

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!

What is a novella?? And why read one? According to wikipedia a novella is:
A novella is a narrative work of prose fiction longer than a short story but shorter than a novel. While there is some disagreement of what length defines a novella, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America Nebula Awards for science fiction define the novella as having a word count between 17,500 and 40,000….Occasionally, longer works are referred to as novellas, with some academics positing 100,000 words as the novella‒novel threshold.
And the reason for reading them is that they are short!!! That will be a fun one for me!

This Challenge is to read 6 novellas between April 2008 and September 2008. If you are interested go to: The Novella Challenge!

My 6 Books for the Novella Challenge are:


Franny and Zooey- JD Salinger
Town House-Tish Cohen
Sarajevo Marlboro-Miljenko Jergovic
Farmworker's Daughter- Rose Castillo Gibault
The Waitress Was New- Dominique Fabre
Moving Parts- Magdalena Tulli

NOTE: Completed books in orange.

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

This one is really tempting to me--I have a number of novellas sitting on my shelf--including Franny and Zooey.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Go for it! Franny and Zooey is a good, super-quick read.

I chose this challenge to balance out the chunkster challenge...I am glad I did. I'll probably have this one done in no time though, and the chunkster will go on and on!....

Anonymous said...

One of my absolute favorite books! I read it about once a year, and I typically don't read books twice.

Thanks for entering my giveaway - good luck!

Anonymous said...

One of my absolute favorite books! I read it about once a year, and I typically don't read books twice.

Thanks for entering my giveaway - good luck!