Thursday, May 15, 2008

manuals-shmanuals

btt button

Following up last week’s question about reading writing/grammar guides, this week, we’re expanding the question….

Scenario: You’ve just bought some complicated gadget home . . . do you read the accompanying documentation? Or not?

Do you ever read manuals?

Yes, almost always actually. I read instructions for putting bookshelves together, and that way I get it right on the first try. I don't have the time or patience to waste on figuring things out. If it is something like a TV or a DVD player or a computer...I don't. Those are easy to figure out for me.

How-to books?

yes, right now I am reading one on chickens, actually two. I have "Living With Chickens" and another one too. I enjoy knowing about things that I am interested in, but when I move on to something else then I will read about that until I am sick of it too.

Self-help guides?

not so much.

Anything at all?

well, I am not one of those people who will read anything that is before them, just to be reading....nope. I sit and think mostly, especially while eating breakfast. It is too early for my eyes, and for sure for my mind!

That is the way I am! What do you do?







2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh my goodness--is it Thursday? I'm behind in my blogging--again! :) I'm one of *those* people. I would read my cereal box if it is in front of me.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

trish- yes, thursday it is (well currently it is sunday, but it was thursday!) I am so behind in blogging, but mostly in reading, ahhhhh!

My hubby is one of *those* people too!