Thursday, May 1, 2008

BTT: what would YOU do?

<span class=

Question: Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do??

And, no, you did NOT have time to grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . . grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you but your wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with you in case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This is hypothetical, remember….

Honestly I would just sit...probably wander, and people watch. I am a blatant people observer, and the pickin's are especially rich at the airport. I always think it is funny that people actually dress up to fly! I am the opposite, but to me comfort is more important than the appearance I will display when I arrive at my destination. I know, i know sometimes business people fly and need to look nice, but there are tons of people who are not going to a meeting when they land and it seems they still look uncomfortable.

Anyway, yes...I people watch, and in this situation that is what I would do too. I am not lost without books, at least not for short intervals...and that is not all I think about. Huh, I guess I could head over to the duty-free shop for some chocolate.

10 comments:

Lezlie said...

Isn't "people watching" just too much fun! Airports are almost as good as the State Fair! :-)

Have a great day!
Lezlie

Ramya said...

I totally enjoy people watching too! I would sit at the airport with a book but I would always land up getting distracted by the people walking around me. Like you mentioned, I have always wondered about people getting totally dressed up for travelling.. I'm just not the types!:)

jlshall said...

Well, I try to look presentable when I travel. But you're right about dressing casual on a plane. I always try to wear something that's not going to show the coffee and soft drinks that I'm bound to spill all over myself!

I like the idea of heading for the duty-free chocolate! That could definitely make the situation more bearable.

teabird said...

People-watching is one of my favorite things. Sometimes I'll go to a mall just to watch the people, what they'll buy, how they'll walk, what they'll eat (and how much of it)...

CJ said...

People watching is fun - for awhile. I'd still want something to read, if only to act as cover during my people watching...

cjh

Anonymous said...

Chocolate! Now why didn't I think of that?!?!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I enjoy people watching as well--sometimes I get too distracted at the airport to read anyway. The place I would be in trouble is on the actual plane. I've got to have something to read then.

Heather said...

I think I'd do the same and perhaps pick up a magazine or two.

Heather T.
www.thelibraryladder.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My best friend is one of those that dresses up for a flight. I never really got it either...but she always looks cute and fresh right off the plane! Me? I'm a mess...

trish said...

People watching can provide hours of entertainment. I love seeing how people interact with one another...very revealing. :-)