Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update 6: read, read... and still reading!( and check out my snack attack supplies!)

green tea mochi, spectacular
rice crackers....soooo addicting
rice cakes....i guess they speak for themselves, since they are half gone!
have you eaten any of the snacks I've shown here???

Book update: I am half way through Dating da Vinci, it is pretty good. It is a light and easy read. Which one do you think I should pick next? The Saffron kitchen by Yasmin Crowther, The Pearl by Steinbeck, and Night by Elie Weisel. Let me know which you would choose. I'll do a page update next time, I have already done way to much math for my own sanity! (check the awesome stats below!!!)

Personal update: I busted out the mochi...I LOVE mochi. Do any of you know what I am talking about? It is in the picture above. I am not getting sleepy, it is only 9:20 pm here. I guess that is the benefit of starting super early :) I am actually thinking of doing a video update for the next update...what do you think about that? Will any of you be awake? Who?

Clean water update:
I am so happy to have reached 100 comments mark during the read-a-thon. That is an extra $10.00 that goes to Clean Water....keep those comments coming!!
You commenters are EXCELLENT!!!(ROCK ON!)


[readathonbutton.JPG] [water+crisis+sm.jpg]

I have now earned $108.50 for clean water worldwide!!!
Plus the comments, 100 comments at $.10 each adds $10.00!
Plus trish is adding in $5 for every book she finishes!! That brings the clean water total to:
$128.50 so far!

Where will the dinero ($) go? It will go to an organization I have become quite passionate about. I will be giving it to Living Water International an amazing organization funding the building of wells all over the world in developing nations.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mochi...mmmmmmmm.

I'd totally go with the Saffron Kitchen. It's the least dark of the 3.

I'll be hanging up my poms-poms soon...wish i could hang with you for the rest of the night, but I'm getting tired.

You've done a spectacular job...I'm so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

er!! i dnt knw ... B... i think if softdrink think thats the one :D

Awesome total... i think this is FAB

fan-freaking-tastic!! awesomeeee!!

i have had rice cakes ..yesyes!! and ilov em :D

read on read on.... now this is yummy read-a-thon!!

gotta get sme breakfast :D my tummy is groring [ ok i made that word :D]

read onread on

Marg said...

I can't say I have tried some of those things that you mentioned!

I will still be awake for a video update! You are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

trrrrrrrr purrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrr

r u reading?! this is Cheer leader Police... coming here to check on u :P

Laura said...

It is definitely a good time to stop and find a snack! Night is really sad, so it might be difficult to read. I have a Steinbeck book to read too, but I can't decide what to read next.

Unknown said...

Well, I like the books you're reading....;=)

If you'd like to try a short story next, I have a short story challenge up on my blog at

http://www.readywhenyouarecb.blogspot.com

I was late posting it so I've decided to let it run til the read-a-thon is over.

Oh, I'd say The Pearl and Night, while wonderful books, are too heavy for this late at night. If you ask me, anyway.

Anonymous said...

purrr!! police check..whats up!! r u reading?! no? then come on read!!! :D

Anonymous said...

blink blink! is there anyone?! here?!

sigh sigh!

Kim said...

Rice crackers yes-mochi no. Very unique snacks you've got going there. I agree with others--I hope you didn't pick Night or the Black Pearl--I think they will be hard ones to read at night.

Anyway--read on--
*smiles and cheers*
Kim

Darlene said...

Wow Bethany, you were still at it-I fizzled out. I've never heard of mochi and I've seen rice cakes but not like yours-they look very interesting. On to see your final post. You've done so great.