Friday, October 17, 2008
read-a-thon must haves:
1. An non distracting environment
2. A comfy seat (although I sat on a wood bench last time for most of it and was blessed by the alertness of being uncomfortable :)
3. food. Salty, sweet, yummy, and tons of variety. I know exactly what I want, I love MOCHI!! (Japanese Ice cream rapped in yummy rice four mochi)
4. liquids. I will drink a little coffee in the AM tomorrow, but only because the read-a-thon starts at 5 am for me. Besides that, I won't. Just herbal tea, water and hot chocolate. :)
5. A dozen short, fun, good books that grab your attention well. If you don't like one, ditch the dud and move to the next.
6. my trusted macbook :)
7. the amazing cheerleaders that help me every step of the way :)
8. a blanket
9. a good, fast internet connection
10. a wonderful husband to watch my boys all day while I get to read!! (thanks B)
what did I miss??? You tell me!
Here is what is in my bag (since my camera takes pictures backwards):
Night by Elie Wiesel
Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris
Beasts of No Nation by Uzodinma Iweala
The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther
The Book Shop by Penelope Fitzgerald
The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas
Dating Da Vinci by Madalena Lott
The Pearl by John Steinbeck
When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale
Out-Takes from a Marriage by Ann Leary
The Shiniest Jewel by Mariam Henley
The Chinese Knot by Lien Chao
Monique and the Mango Rains by Kris Holloway
Have you read any of them? warn me if one of these is horrid!!!
I won't get through them, maybe not even half of them...but I like to bring a selection along with me :)
The read-a-thon starts in less than 9 hours!!! I can't wait to get my readin' on.
Also, I have to tell you I am being sponsored (so far) for $31 per book I read during the 24 hour period! It is not to late for you to join in too, my cause is for Living Water International which digs wells in developing nations worldwide so that everyone can have clean drinking water, here is my full post.
There is still a TON of time to sponsor me, you can do it per page, per book or a set amount: