Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update #2: half-way through second book!



I am half way though Beasts of No Nation by Uzodinma Iweala! Oh wow. I was going to ditch it several times...but it is pointless since I want to get done with book 2 and I am half way through it :) It is just too real. But it shows how jaded you could become from witnessing death, gore and all that involves a guerrilla type civil war.

Personal update: I am still shaking. I ate a scone and ordered a decaf sweet bean (sweet decaf mocha) but have not been able to try to drink it. My body wants water! :) I am at the Beanery, a coffee shop in Corvallis, Oregon. I love it here, jabber all about....but at constant drone and I am still steady and indistractable (is that a word?? I always make up strange words!)!


Read on I must!!!!!


[readathonbutton.JPG] [water+crisis+sm.jpg]
I have now earned $46.50 for clean water worldwide!!!

Where will the dinero ($) go? It will go to an organization I have become quite passionate about. I will be giving it to Living Water International an amazing organization funding the building of wells all over the world in developing nations.
(there is still time to sponsor me!!!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like the shakes are slowing you down!

I'm off to get some coffee myself in a bit...if I can tear myself away. Cheerleading is fun!

I'll give you a bit of a heads-up, although I know you're trying to avoid the distractions of the mini-challenges. Mine is at 7pm tonight...and your post from last night might just work as an entry. So think about checking it out...it shouldn't take up much time.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I hope the shakes get better! I'm done with coffee for a while and will switch to water now.

But halfway through book 2? Awesome!!

Darlene said...

Hmmmm, maybe no more caffeine for you...

Yup, no point in quitting the book if you're already have way through.

I don't think I could read in the coffee shop. I'm too much of a people watcher.

Ana S. said...

Sorry to hear about the shakes...but you're doing great, Bethany!

Anonymous said...

Shaking?????? Why????? I don't understand :-(

ok now.. get some water , if u want that! Coffee Shop! how can u concentrate with people around?! I am always watching them ..the hustle-bustle... u r GOOD :D

but u look er!! kind of goofy :-)

take care... Awesome!

Go GIRL! [ i personally hate books with so much of violence]

so now it will be like u might have completed the 2nd?! !!!!

good work... Damn GOOD! !!

Anonymous said...

woookay... u can have me ... asyour full time personal cheer- LEADER's leader :D

i will come back to u after cheering the other lot ok?!

and pls get something to EAT/DRINK.. :D How r the kids holding up?! Dad's the custodian for today??? Cute!

Take care!

we just had dinner... it is 11:30 PM here!! i want to do 2 more round of cheer leading ..b4 heading off to sleep :)

Anonymous said...

You feeling better?!

how is it GOING?!

:D **sigh** dnt reply plss... i m freaking MAD!

Sandra said...

The doctor says drink two full glasses of water and continue reading. The next book should be something totally different and you'll be glad you finished this one. We're rooting for you. Now about that water...drink.

Anonymous said...

cool.. i m pressing F5 on yur BLOG ;)

Take care!