Friday, July 25, 2008

swamped with yucky.

this is what we are up to:
this is how we feel about being up to the above noted activity:

we are sorting, tossing, freebeing, and pricing junk and more junk for the garage sale we will have tomorrow. we have loads of stuff to sort through. we have had junk boxes that we have left unpacked from house to house and are just that: filled with keep me, don't want to keep but guilted into keeping because they are "keepsakes" and things that who knows what they even are. We are going through it all, this is a no boxes left behind policy at our house right now and truly it really sucks. It will be very nice when we are done though, fo sho.

so anyway, all that to tell you all that I am not here, and not having fun without you...don't worry:) tomorrow is the garage sale....I can't wait to get this junk out. no worries I am not selling any books at at all.


8 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ewww! Good luck with the garage sale. As yucky as it is, think about how good it will feel to get rid of all that extra stuff! I need to go through our drawers and such and head over to Salv Army soon.

Darlene said...

Yuck is right! Garage sales are soooooooo much work. We're thinking about having one too. I agree with Trish though, once it's all done with, you are both going to feel so much better.

Good luck this weekend! And yes, no throwing away of books. lol.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I come from a long line of garage sale-ing folk. My mom would be in heaven if she could hold a garage sale year round. We're hoping to have one once it cools down at the end of the summer. I'll have books for sale, but only those I have no interest in reading and haven't been able to sell on half.com. :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I saw all those boxes and thought you were moving. But unpacking and sorting is just as bad. Don't work too hard!

Anonymous said...

I loved having garage sales! We'd always make enough to pay two months of mortgage payments. :) Of course that was back when we (okay, it was only me) bought too much of everything. I've morphed over the years and spend very little and recycle as much as possible. This change has resulted in no more garage sales. I've even sworn of stopping at them.

Life is no fun when I pretend to be grown up!

Ramya said...

hey.. "happy garage sale"ing..:) you should keep us updated and let us know how it went! i'm sure you'll feel good after getting rid of a lot of junk!:)

Debi said...

Oh man, you have my deepest sympathies. "Yucky" just isn't strong enough a word for the utter drudgery of having a garage sale! On the other hand, I hope you rake in the bucks!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

you all are SO sweet :)!!!!