Wednesday, July 2, 2008

the secret life of bees movie trailer

http://www.tjc.edu.sg/inspirations/june2006/bees.jpg
Did you like this book??? I really, REALLY did!!
Here is the movie trailer for the new Secret Life of the Bees movie coming out!!!

Borders: The Secret Life of Bees movie trailer


Here is what the Borders website says about it:

EXCLUSIVE WORLD-PREMIERE CLIP from The Secret Life of Bees Sue Monk Kidd's The Secret Life of Bees is a powerful coming-of-age story about the ability of love to transform our lives. Kidd's cherished novel has been adapted into one of the most anticipated movies of the Fall starring Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, and Alicia Keys, and you can watch a world-premiere clip below.





12 comments:

Jessica said...

I just found this and was about to post it on my blog too! I loved the book and I'm excited about the cast, especially Queen Latifah as August.

Anonymous said...

Ohh! That looks really good!

Darlene said...

Ooooh, this looks good. I loved the book and can't wait to see this.

Peta said...

Queen Latifah as August!! I didn't know they were making this into a film and fingers crossed it's as good as the book.

Donura said...

OMG, I can't wait. I love the cast of characters. This is a beautiful book and should make a good movie if they follow the story.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

jessica- I know so cool, right!?

literatehousewife- YAY!!! Can't wait!

dar- I loved that book too, I have been thinking of reading it over again before the movie :)

peta-I hope it turns out good too, I really do, it is one that I could watch over and over if it turns out well.

donura-yeah, I hope it is awesome!!!

Iliana said...

I didn't realize they were making a film out of this! Cool.
You know, this was one of those books that I did like but probably didn't like as much as I would have if it hadn't been so hyped up. I swear so many people I know were reading it and telling me it was their favorite book ever... etc. You know how that is sometimes.

Ana S. said...

I enjoyed the book a lot. I hope the movie's good!

Anonymous said...

I tried my best to warm up to it. Personally, I think because I am from the deep south, I can't read books like this. Maybe it was my upbringing, but the words are like nails on a chalkboard.

Marg said...

I think I have owned this book for about 5 years and have never managed to read it. I really should before the movie comes out!

Ronda's Rants said...

Thanks for posting the trailer...love, love , love this book. I beleive I read this was her first work of fiction. Such beautiful characters!

Corinne said...

I loved this book too, and I remember even thinking as I read it that I would love to see a movie of it sometime :) Thanks for passing on the good news!