Saturday, July 26, 2008

garage sale part 2 (aka: pay off)

please tell me this looks better. we sorted, cleaned, and sold TONS. In the picture from yesterday we didn't even have all of the stuff from our porch that had been priced...what do you think!?


you all are SO sweet :)!!!!

today was better than yesterday, especially because we were finally able to see the reward for all our labor. We decided to go another day...which will be fine even if we have to miss church.

I am so excited about the amount of stuff we sold!!!However I am very bummed that I have two books that I should have read by Monday, and I am not half way through one and the other I haven't started!!! AHHHH! help.

You guys are incredible encouragers though....sorry to neglect you during this yucky garage sale time, trust me....I'd rather be reading and blogging!:)

oh, and I had to show the books....I thought we weren't selling any! No worries though, they are only car manuals and other boring such books...promise :)


8 comments:

Debi said...

WooHoo! I'm impressed...looks like all the effort was worth it, huh? Good luck today!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you guys really put a lot of work into this. Everything looks so neat. I'm glad I am viewing this from a distance. If I was closer, I'd be over there with my purse. I already see things I want...lol! This is why I make my family nervous when we pass by a garage sale sign. :)

Darlene said...

OMG, what a difference from the other day. Looks like you got a lot done-looks great. Good luck with it again today! Hope it goes well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how satisfying! Congrats! ;-)

Ramya said...

wow! looks like you got a lot done in a day!! congrats!! how does it feel to get rid of the stuff?? are you missing some already?? I have this really bad habit of not using stuff, eventually throwing them away but somehow i land up missing them the very next day!!:( anyways, can't wait for you to get back to the blogging/commenting world.. i have this new blog that i want you to see and comment on:
http://the-world-from-my-couch.blogspot.com

beastmomma said...

It does look much better. I am glad that you have been able to sell some stuff!

Jessica said...

I'm jealous that you are already through the whole garage sale weekend. My husband and I are in the midst of packing and sorting getting ready for the garage sale and move. Glad you made it through.

Stephanie said...

Awesome! Garage sales are such fun to hold and to attend. As a shopper, I'm sad you didn't sell any better books, but as a reader and book hoarder, I'm glad you kept your books! ;)