Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my flower bearer

I just posted this on my personal blog(the good. the bad. the ugly), but I really wanted all you to see just how sweet my kitty is too, so I decided to post here too:

A couple of weeks ago I talked about how our kitty spider had killed 2 rats, since then she has killed 2 more and one bird ( I am sorry mr. bird, I really am). But now an exciting new season has emerged, an even better line of gifts have been given me on our doorstep: flowers! It is really insane. In our last house she did this all the time during the blooming months of this particular flower( we had a kitty door and she would bring them inside), and I honestly can say that I looked on us moving with a tiny degree of sadness just because she would no longer do this, there is not even one of these flower bearing bushes that I can see anywhere in our new location. That is why I was shocked, stunned..and beyond when this new line of pink gifties was left just last night( I shuffled them so they'd all fit in the camera, but besides that I promise this is just from last night!!!):


Can you imagine a cat bringing these one by one throwout the night!?!?! It is so funny! I wonder if she is hyperactive or something! Or maybe she is just nocturnal...as this is what she is doing as I type.
I love this fuzzy cat! I can't believe she found a local provider of my favourite cat flowers!!! Way to go spider!(this is much better than dead things, so I try to encourage her!;)


6 comments:

Sharon said...

Your Spider looks just like my Oreo! And what lovely pink gifts :) If it were my Toby, he would eat them before they would make it to the doorstep. Flowers are not safe in my house...

heather (errantdreams) said...

Oh wow. Now that's an unusual and special cat. :)

Anonymous said...

This is unbearably sweet.

Anonymous said...

This is awsome, how lucky you are to have such a cat.

As far as the mice and bird, it is in her nature.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Too funny! My cat is indoor, so she will mew at bugs in the house. My sister's cat, though, used to bring rabbits to the doorstep (he doesn't even have claws!). What a cutie your little furball is, though!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

*ex libris- what a great name for a black and white cat!! haah...love it. Yes, she is very sweet.

*heather- yes, very weird, I have never heard of any other cat doing this!

*mrs. b.- yes, very. I love this little puffball.

*madeleine- yes, very extra lucky! Oh, I know...I understand that she needs to hunt, it is fine.

*trish- oh my! I cannot even believe that!!! Were they babies?? That is crazy! Without claws, unbelievable!