Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Eponymous Challenge- COMPLETE!!!

Challenge Complete!!!!!

I joined The Eponymous Challenge! What is that?
According to Coversgirl this is the way an Eponymous Challenge works:

The challenge will run from 1 March to 31 May, 2008.

During that time your mission should you choose to accept it is to read 4 books whose titles are the name of one or more of the characters (e.g. Evelina, Oscar and Lucinda); or a description of one or more of the characters (e.g. The Merchant of Venice, Sylvia’s Lovers).

Non-fiction books and overlaps with other challenges are welcome, as are books named after four-legged characters.


Here are my Books for this Challenge:


Franny and Zooey- JD Salinger
Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
Farmworker's Daughter-
Rose Castillo Gibault
The Waitress Was New- Dominique Fabre
Confessions of a Shopaholic- Sophie Kinsella

Challenge Complete!!!!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Bethany,

Thanks for stopping by A Novel Challenge (I love your blog, by the way!). You asked about whether or not there was a specific International Challenge...and the answer is a little convoluted. There are several challenges that challenge readers to read from different countries (Book Around the World, Neustadt, Around the World in 80 Books, Expanding Horizons to name a few)...but I don't know as if these are what you're really talking about...which are specifically International Modern Literature.

What I've discovered in tracking all these challenges, is that often there are ones which are similar, but also a bit different in some way...and it doesn't seem to matter because readers love them all! If you are interested in hosting a challenge as you've described, I would say "Do it!" and they will come...International literature seems to be a big hit right now too.

If you decide to set it up, come back to my blog and let me know so I can post it there for you. I also run a Yahoo Novel Challenges book group and I post all these to our links and also to our calendar there...so it should give you some advertising :)

Good luck and keep me posted!

Wendy

Unknown said...

Oh my The Book Thief is SOOOO good. Read it. Read it now.

heather (errantdreams) said...

Congratulations!

raidergirl3 said...

well done! It feels so good to finish a challenge. I loved the eponymous too.