Thursday, March 5, 2009

On the Lowest Shelf Children's Book Reviews!





I am going to be doing a new feature here! When you see this banner, On The Lowest Shelf Children's Book Reviews then you know that it is where I review children's books with the help of my kids. I have two little boys, Jackson is 5 and oliver is 3 and let me tell you book critics start young! I am going to review a kids book every week. I hope you all enjoy this new feature!

Only the best of the best will get the banner below (the Supa-Dupa Five Star Picks). This award will be given to those extra special books which receive a thumbs up from every member in our family, when that happens we know they are good since we all differ in what is important to us in a book (mostly because of age difference!). A book that receives the Supa-Dupa Five Star Picks award is truly note worthy. So make sure that when you see it that you stop and write the title and author down, as it has been hand-picked by two little boys who both love to read good books, well, they love to have good books read to them and their mamma and daddy. Oh, and the ones that could be considered "girlie books" well, since I still have no daughters (yet!), I will be the judge of those, I'm not willing to let my little pirate-cowboy-sword loving boys get their grubs on them!




Which are your childhood favourites? I loved Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Boxcar Children and The Brute Family! Oh, they do bring back memories!


7 comments:

Jeane said...

I've never heard of the Brute Family, but I grew up reading the Boxcar Children, and Harold is a favorite at our house (my kid has three books about him).

Janssen said...

I love "How Tom Beat Captain Najork and His Hired Sportsman." Hilarious.

Ti said...

Looking forward to the new feature. My kids are 5 and 10 and I am always looking for books for them to read.

Anonymous said...

good idea! I loved boxcar too and little house books. :)

claire said...

Oh I'm looking so forward to these reviews! I've been planning to do the same with my kids too, but haven't gotten around to actually doing it. We love books, and my kids are all boys too, so we can relate with your books for sure. :)

Anna said...

I'm looking forward to it! I enjoy reading what kids think about books intended for their age group. It's great that you're reading and talking about books with your boys.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

This is a nice feature!:) I have a couple of childrens books that I need to review as well!
I grew up reading and loving Noddy books by Enid Blyton.. you should give those books a shot sometime!