Monday, March 3, 2008

booking through thursday: better late than never!! (hey, I just found this thing!)


Q:All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

A: I definitely enjoy reading paperbacks more. They are easier to hold, and tote around and deal with. I especially would choose a paperback over a hardback every time when it is one of the new paperback with the non-gloss covers. They are amazing. The gloss covers are okay, but just not my favorite to hold and feel.

As far as hardbacks go, if they loose their jackets, they no longer have the pretty picture cover!! You just get left with the brown, black or navy solid book cover with the title and author listed on the cover.

Oh for sure, I'm a paperback lover!

1 comment:

trish said...

I totally agree. For reading, paperbacks are much preferred. And if you read a hardcover, don't you end up taking its dust jacket off anyway, basically negating the beauty of a hardcover? Ah, I could argue the virtues of a paperback for hours. :-)